National Dessert Day contest
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. The Contest:TheNational Dessert Day Contest (the“Contest”) is open from 9:00 am ET on Sunday, October 14, 2018 to 11:59 pm ET on Monday, October 15, 2018 (the “Contes tPeriod”) and is sponsored by Halo Top Canada Ltd. (the“Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Québec) who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry and who have an Instagram account. Officers, directors, employees and agents of Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, any independent contest organization engaged by Sponsor, and each of their respective parent, related and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and household members (whether or not related) of each such individuals are not eligible. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and legally binding in all matters related to the Contest. A chance to win a prize is contingent upon fulfilling requirements set forth herein.
3. How to Enter: To obtain one (1) entry, during the Contest Period:
Log into Instagram
Visit the “Halo Top Canada” Instagram page (@halotop_ca)
Look for the Contest post from 9:00am (EST) on Sunday, October 14, 2018
Like the post
Tag a friend in the comments of the post (must be in separate comments to qualify as separate entries)
Proof of entry does not constitute proof of receipt. The Sponsor shall be the exclusive timekeeper for the purposes of this Contest. Use (or attempted use) of any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
4. Prizes:There are fifty (50) prizes available to be won, each consisting of one (1) coupon valid for a free Halo Top® product. Each prize consists of the provision of: one (1) coupon for a free Halo Top® product, redeemable at participating retailers. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is: $8.00.
Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equivalent monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Coupons are subject to the terms and conditions printed on the coupon. Prizes will be delivered to verified winners only in Canada. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any other costs or expenses associated with the prizes (including applicable taxes) will be the responsibility of the winners.
5. Winner Selection: On October 16, 2018, a random draw will be conducted from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Selected entrants will be posted on @Halotop_ca’s Instagram Stories and contacted by Instagram Direct Message. Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question (without mechanical or other aid) to be administered by email in the documentation described in paragraph (b); and (b) sign and return within ten (10) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Released Parties (defined below) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) to the extent permitted by law, agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, social media handle, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
If a selected entrant: (a) fails to successfully complete the skill test; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot accept the prize for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate eligible entrant who will be subject to selection and disqualification in the same manner.
6. Release; Limitation of Liability: By entering the Contest, entrant agree store lease and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, each of their respective parents, related and affiliate companies, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claim or cause of action related to or arising from their participation in the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (ii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (v) late, lost, garbled, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or notifications; or (vi) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or, if applicable, receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
7. Privacy and Publicity: By entering the Contest, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Sponsor and its authorized agents, and to the receipt of commercial electronic messages, for the purposes of administering the Contest and awarding prizes. To the full extent permitted by law, a winner will be required to consent to use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown and province/territory, entry and/or photographs (submitted to or taken by Sponsor or its agents) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further notice or consideration. The winner may be required to sign a document to this effect. Personal information may be maintained on servers in the United States or elsewhere, and may therefore be subject to the laws and authorities of other jurisdictions.
8. Right to Void / Terminate / Suspend / Modify: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor's sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prizes from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above.
9. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, violates the Official Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
ANYONE DETERMINED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IN ANY WAY (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability and Releases: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, CONTEST JUDGES AND THE PROMOTION ENTITIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE CONTEST, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, OR THE MERCHANDISE FOR WHICH IT IS REDEEMED (IF APPLICABLE). FURTHER, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, CONTEST JUDGES AND PROMOTION ENTITIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM: A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE, OR B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such exclusions may not apply to you.
Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor, Contest judges and the Promotion Entities, and any of Sponsor's other suppliers or contractors, shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by Contest Website users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any e-mail to be received by or from the Contest judges or Sponsor for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (g) damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware) occasioned by participation or downloading of materials related to this Contest or in connection with the Contest Website; (h) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (i) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
11. General Conditions:The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill and to accommodate special needs of participating entrant as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize, or the cash value thereof.
12. Social Media: By entering this Contest, you release and hold harmless Instagram from all liability in connection with the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.